Design + Industry are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic industrial designer to join our team in our newly refurbished Sydney design studio.
As a team we work together to deliver innovative experiences that improve peoples’ lives and create business advantage for our clients.
We are looking for an extremely capable and experienced designer who is passionate about design to join our team.
As part of the team, you will apply your design thinking skills on a diverse range of medical, business and consumer products for world markets. Our approach to design will see you involved in the early stages of research and strategy through to concept generation.
- A minimum of 8 years experience in product design, as well as experience in project and client management
- Previous consultancy experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design
- Applying design thinking to create a compelling user experience which leads to consumer satisfaction and brand loyalty
- Experience in research and strategy, storytelling and building narrative, concept generation, styling and sketching
- High level of conceptual design presentation skills
- The ability to synthesise complex usability and design research information into cohesive presentations
- Experience in creating digital experiences, such as Apps and on screen user interfaces
- Experience in creating a compelling shelf story and outer box experience
- A strong understanding of design for manufacture
- High degree of proficiency in Illustrator and Photoshop
- Strong 3D surfacing skills (such as SOLIDWORKS)
- Working knowledge of 3D rendering packages (such as KeyShot)
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Proactive and flexible attitude and enthusiasm for the challenges of working on multiple projects
D+I is a leading and growing product design and engineering consultancy with offices in Sydney and Melbourne. For over 30 years we have been at the forefront of design and innovation, delivering commercial success for our clients worldwide by creating memorable products and meaningful user experiences. Our clients are world leading organisations, the projects are diverse, challenging and highly stimulating. Our recently renovated Sydney office is in Balmain.
How to Apply
To enquire about joining our globally competitive design team, please submit your resume and portfolio to email@example.com with 'Senior Conceptual Designer Sydney' as the subject in your email.